Sunday, November 24, 2013

Sunday Seven Links

I missed posting yesterday!  Instead, we got up at 5:30 and drove south and south for 12+ hours (counting an hour spent at Chari's house -- I dropped my kids off to visit her kids while I visited Chari at her workplace (the hospital -- she is an RN).

Today I don't have much inspiration, so I am going to list some inspiring links.   I'm calling them Sunday Seven even though it is Monday just to keep some kind of continuity on here.

1

Dreams Do Come True.   Beautiful reflection on marriage by my newly married daughter.  

2

Remembering the Present.   Very interesting, from Stratford Caldecott, on the importance of memory in an education.

3

Loki I Have Loved, But Thor Have I Hated.     I haven't seen the new Thor movie.  This post was interesting, though.  I think I owe a hat tip for this one to Jessica at Homemaking through the Church Year.

4

Neville Longbottom is the Most Important Character in Harry Potter.  Another interesting take on a book/movie.    I got this link from Brandy at Afterthoughts.  

Both this post and the last one made for a very interesting literary discussion with my 10 year old and 17 year old.

5

Peter Favre soon to be canonized!  He is one of my favorite Jesuits.  

6

The Joy of Copywork.  A thoughtful post by Sally Thomas.   The link takes you to a nice new blog called Thoughts and Things co-written by some of my favorite Catholic homeschool bloggers.

7

Worship of Technique.     Also, Prudence and Appetite.     Seems to relate to some of the things I am thinking about right now.  

No comments:

Post a Comment

We love hearing from our readers. Please share your thoughts or just say hello!