I am so fond of this lovely little prayer. I pray it after every mass. My children pray it after every mass. It is a family favorite. Is it a favorite of yours?
- Whilst with deep affection and grief of soul
- I consider within myself
- and mentally contemplate
- Thy five most precious wounds,
- having before mine eyes that which David,
- the prophet, long ago spoke concerning Thee,
- “They have pierced My hands and My feet,
- they have numbered all My bones.”
"A plenary indulgence is granted on each Friday of Lent and Passiontide to the faithful who, after Communion, piously recite the above prayer before an image of Christ crucified; on other days of the year the indulgence is partial." — Enchiridion of Indulgences, No. 22
and pray an Our Father, Hail Mary, and Glory Be for the Holy Father's intentions
......under the "usual conditions" regarding a plenary indulgence
You can find more information regarding the indulgences at this website.