Monday, February 20, 2012

Thinking of the Lenten Season......


“Through fasting and praying, we allow Him to come and satisfy the deepest hunger that we experience in the depths of our being: the hunger and thirst for God.”
–Pope Benedict, Lenten message, 2009



     Of course, the season of Lent has been on my mind........I have dug out of my files, things I have used in the past....and I have been tripping around the 'net, looking for other resources.  Let me share!


This website has a wonderful list of opportunites to gain grace during Lent.  Read through it....what do you already do on this list?  Are you inspired to add anything on this list?

Oh!  here is a very complete list of the possibilties for observing Lent!  This website is a must-read.

Another must-read from a Facebook post.
Lenten Ideas for Kids is an excellent resource!  Do check it out!  Catholic Icing can always be counted on for wonderful ideas.  This year's Lenten page is right here.

We have used a Lenten countdown calendar in the past.....and I have one pulled out now for my little guy.  This is a lovely little calendar you can print for your family, or one for each child. Another version using cotton balls.....

Lovely ideas at Three Sided Wheel blog.

The kids and I have made a salt dough crown of thorns in past Lents.  How nice that Holly has created a tutorial for us!

     Like Holly, our family uses a bean jar during Lent.  It sits on our home altar where it is always in view to remind us...it needs filling!  We use those red beans that are almost purple, but I know that some families have dyed white beans to a lovely purple hue.  I am too lazy for that....so I go to straight to the red beans.  :)   Inspired by this post, I am going to use a flower vase for the beans this year, instead of a canning jar.  I use a candy dish given to me by my grandparents to hold the beans for putting into the bean jar. 

I love this article: Lenten Scrapbook


I have never made these Stations of the Cross boxes, but I have seen them for years.  A good idea!  Especially for little ones.

I love felt so this project about a grape vine is a fine fit for me.  What do you think?  There are so many wonderful ideas for counting through the Lenten days.


If YOU are writing about Lent on your own blog, would you please leave a link in the comments?

Lenten Blessings,


                            Chari

No comments:

Post a Comment

We love hearing from our readers. Please share your thoughts or just say hello!