Good morning from my front porch!
Every morning, a new painting from Our Creator.
What Blessings He bestows!
Oh, be still my heart. Big brother made morning coffee for the little brother who was reading on the couch. Then they went to the front porch swing to enjoy the morning sun together, coffee mugs in hand.
I believe that while they sat in the lovely late January morning........they planned out the day.......because the rest of the day went like this........
- First, they both sat in the messiness of our house, just reading......I did not interrupt.......guessed they can clean up later....
- .....then the bigger brother made a nice brunch for himself and his older sister and little brother
- ....followed by the boys actually cleaning up the whole kitchen without being asked
- Then he took the little brother on a hike to the meadow.....and knife throwing (sigh)
- Finally returning home just as the dark descended, I heard quiet after they settled........I peeked, and these two who usually turn the TV on whenever they get a chance.......were reading yet again today. Hunger Games for the Little and Frankenstein for the older.
- Later, they watched a couple of episodes of Doctor Who together
This is not usually a sight to be seen around here........sometimes, yes, but not for an entire day.....and rarely including books.....rarely, with these two.....so pleased they made such nice memories today.
Porch swing: built by 9 year old Matthew in 4-H....he is now 23......it has been around awhile...
So, I realize that I have a yearly whine about all of these FAFSAs.......but no longer. Have any of you met the CSS/Financial Profile over at the College Board???? It is required by three of the schools my 18yo is applying to......it has NINETEEN pages of financial information. It is awful. It makes the FAFSA look like a piece of cake......I just want to cry. Really??? What were medical expenses in 2012? And in 2013? and what do you expect in 2014?? And it goes on and on like that......How much did you spend on toothpaste last year? What do you expect next year? Oh! And they want to know financial details on each of her siblings......there are five of them! It is just too much.......rant not over.....but I will stop writing on this post now......very.heavy.sigh. Oh...one more thing: they want to know details about the taxes you are not required to file till April! This is just too much!
Update: It took us about three hours to fill the thing out, once we had gathered all the info. Boy! did it feel an incredible relief to be done with that! ....especially four days early! Phew!
For more Quick Takes, visit Conversion Diary!
And lastly...........a perfect place to show off my little great-nieces again. ;) Get used to it!
|Sweet Eris is three weeks old tomorrow.|
|Mitchie now five months old....my favorite age!!|
I think I will be meeting her next month....I hope!