Sunday, December 11, 2011

A Big Rig Adventure!

     We have safely arrived, my five (of six) offspring and I, to the Victorian fishing village on the Northern California coast.  We arrived just in the nick of time for a delightful spectacle of huge trucks adorned in holiday lights. A tradition for about 20 years, the Christmas convoys had about 50 trucks and other vehicles.  We left the car near Great-grandma's house and walked around the corner to view the show on a curb.  Have you ever seen a parade like this?  This was waaaaaay fun!  I have some pictures to share below.  I took them with my real camera.  : )  (As opposed to that phone camera I have been using so frequently.)  The first photo is of my children who are always up for a silly adventure........well, maybe most of the time.

































     The last two are of the float filled with men and women of the Armed Forces.  It was my favorite.

     I felt sad for the four floats whose lights went out early in the parade.......but what is one to do???  It was mildly humorous that one of them was "the battery store".  : )



   Advent Blessings,

                       Chari 

2 comments:

  1. I love the truck light show! I've never seen anything like it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So cute how close Malachy is sticking to Matthew! That's what Aidan did to Brendan all the way home in the car -- Brendan's love language is NOT touch : )

    Speaking of Aidan, I bet he would have loved trucks with Christmas lights on them -- I'll have to show him the pictures.

    Glad you are all enjoying your coast trip.

    ReplyDelete

We love hearing from our readers. Please share your thoughts or just say hello!