Wednesday, May 2, 2012

The Bedside Table Reading Challenge: May 2012


The Bedside Table Reading Challenge of 2012




Who is still with me? Who wants to join with us this month?


The letter for May 2012 is:





 The book on my "bedside table" that I will read for this month is.........


Understanding Mothers and Daughters
in Conversation
by
Deborah Tannen




I found this book last December at a thrift store during their book sale......and it looked liked something that would be an interesting read, both for myself and my three daughters......so, I gave it to them for Christmas....so I could read it.  :)  Looking at the reviews on Amazon give me some insight to the ideas in the book........and while most of it may well be common sense, it will probably bring good reminders to all three of us for communicationg together.  And I am sure we could use that help.  :)

But first.......I need to finish the second "L" book from last month.......


+++++++++

If you have not finished the previous month's book....keep plugging away and do the next letter when you are done....or skip a letter altogther.

Post this on your blog, if you have one........and/or leave a comment on this post, stating that you are joining in.....and what book you have chosen for this month. Please post a picture of your stack!

When you are finished reading....share a few thoughts about the book, if you wish. I will post a new letter each month.....probably in the last week of the month.......



Are you in??? Please join me! Join in anytime.......


Please share with other bibliophiles......

Reading Blessings,

                            Chari



If you like to read in list form.......instead of conversational........


To join:
  • Post the title and the picture above on your blog post.
  • Pick the book from your stack that starts with that month's letter.
  • Pick alphabetically if you have more than one with that letter.
  • Pick up-the-alphabet if you do not have any with the chosen letter.
  • List your book choice.
  • Post a link to your post in our comments.
  • Share your thoughts about the book after reading the book, if you desire.




2 comments:

  1. Book chat, well not a Y book but I've just finished Arms of Love. Absolutely enjoyed it! A story on Catholic Courtship, so inspiring and rather thought provoking.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have always wanted to read that book....but I have not had access to it......and buying it is not an option.

      Thanks for reading here and leaving a message.

      Blessings!

      Delete

We love hearing from our readers. Please share your thoughts or just say hello!