Saturday, February 15, 2014

Weekends With Chesterton: Cease To Be Fallacies


 
 
 
 
      Just like last weekend, I am just posting a favorite GKC quote.......not take from anything I am reading.......just a quote that comes across as so prefect to reflect on in today's society when common morals are for the minority.
 
     It reminds me of a homeschooling dad who once wrote something to the effect of:  Simply because the majority of people do not have a problem with immoral behaviors or not even doing the better thing, does not mean we, in the minority, are the abnormal ones. 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
“Fallacies do not cease to be fallacies
because they become fashions.”
 
 
 
 
ILN, 4/19/30
 
 
 
 
 
 

1 comment:

  1. This reminds me so much of some advice Dr. Ray Guarendi gave me when I called in to his show. I was lamenting the flack that our family was getting for being *quite* so open to life, and I told Dr. Ray I didn't know how to handle the criticism. He reminded me that just because large families who view children as blessings and not burdens are the minority in our society, that doesn't mean *we* are the ones who need to defend our position. Being open to life is the sane and normal response to God's gift of fertility. The culture may look at our practices (NFP) and think we are extreme, but we are normal-- *they* are extreme. Contraception-the fallacy- has become a fashion, but that does not cease to make it a fallacy.

    Great quote! :)

    ReplyDelete

We love hearing from our readers. Please share your thoughts or just say hello!