Friday, August 17, 2012

The Bedside Table Reading Challenge: August 2012

The Bedside Table Reading Challenge of 2012




Sorry I missed the month of July........I was so busy with company, I had no time to post a new letter.  I barely had time to read.......but I did!  Of course! 
......but only on my iPhone....not from my Bedside Table.

Wanna hear something kindo of scary???

While I was NOT reading FROM my Bedside Table.....I was.....gulp....ADDDING to it.

At least another six books.  And that was with major self-control.  Yikes.

This frightens and overwhelms me.

.......anyway......

Who is still with me? Who wants to join with us this month?

Before I present the next letter, I just want to ask if anyone is still with me........please leave a comment below if you are.  I think that the challenge feels like a good fit for the beginnings of a year, but by now at the end of the summer, it feels like it is time to move on.  I do not mind doing it each month......just let me know.  Unless anyone is particularly attached, I will hit the pause button on this challenge and perhaps bring it back to life in 2013. I have a new challenge starting in September...possibly. What say you?  In the meantime........


The letter for August is:






The book on my "bedside table" that I will read for this month is.........

Well, to be honest.....I do not think I can read any hard-copy books right now.
 I have a couple of books on my Kindle App on my iPhone......
but my reality for the month........planning for the new school year, emotional stuff to deal with, college kids starting college, soccer season starting, major decluttering at my house, praying the rosary novena......it is a book fast for the moment for this reading addict. 


But.....YOU can read something!



+++++++++


If you have not finished the previous month's book....keep plugging away and do the next letter when you are done....or skip a letter altogther.



Post this on your blog, if you have one........and/or leave a comment on this post, stating that you are joining in.....and what book you have chosen for this month. Please post a picture of your stack!

When you are finished reading....share a few thoughts about the book, if you wish. I will post a new letter each month.....probably in the last week of the month.......


Are you in???  Join in anytime.......


Please share with other bibliophiles......



Reading Blessings,

Chari


If you like to read in list form.......instead of conversational........

To join:


  • Post the title and the picture above on your blog post.
  • Pick the book from your stack that starts with that month's letter.
  • Pick alphabetically if you have more than one with that letter.
  • Pick up-the-alphabet if you do not have any with the chosen letter.
  • List your book choice.
  • Post a link to your post in our comments.
  • Share your thoughts about the  book after reading the book, if you desire.







No comments:

Post a Comment

We love hearing from our readers. Please share your thoughts or just say hello!