Sunday, June 23, 2013

Thankfulness Times Ten

 



Thankfulness Times Ten


Here are the guidelines I have for this thankfulness theme……

Just find ten things I am thankful for, in the moment. I have no rules...I may go over ten, if I cannot help myself......I may repeat myself.....and, I will write in no particular order of importance. If you feel inspired to do the same....do link yourself here in the comment section.  All of these will go toward my own 1,000 Gifts.


I am thankful for.......


 1. My little man who just came out of his room this morning, reached his arms around my neck for a hug and mumbled:  I have been reading for 45 minutes.  He has not been a big reader.  This makes me especially grateful......not to mention that at the sight of me, he wanted to give me a hug.

2. That the book he is reading is a book of Narnia:  The Voyage of the Dawn Treader.

3.  That our local library has a summer reading program that gives points for each book read.....and that this is motivating him to read a lot more.  Praying that it sticks.  I just know he will love reading when it becomes less work for him to read. Please God?

4.  Mymiddle son is recovering well from a surgery to fix a congenital defect (not heart).

5.  A husband who takes care of the bills, the taxes and all thing money-related.  I appreciate being somewhat ignorant.

6. The last eight months of our home internet.  We finally left the slow-internet-world behind.  After 16 long years........oh, so painful years.  NO data limits.......can finally stream....upload pictures.....download audiobooks.........almost everything else everyone else can do :)  I am still giddy over this.  Quite.

7. My sister and her family who live in Oahu.  That means I get to have a place to stay and a car to drive when I go visit........which would never happen (the visit) if they did not actually live there. 


Taken in Summer of 2011
Sarah & Maddelyn on the Windward side of Oahu
Mother-daughter Hawaii trip

8.  The plane tickets my littlest sister and I have to get on the plane on July 5th, to spend 15 warm days on the island of Oahu with our middle sister and her family. YESSSSSS!!!!!!!! Cannot wait!

9. The Tigger cup my husband brought home for me at his only solo visit to Disneyland.......to replace my Pooh mug that someone had busted.  I now scorn all small cups of tea.  ;) Seriously:  this is a giant mug.  And isn't it such a happy and grateful Tigger face?  :)


 

10.  My very own giant laptop.  So very nice. My first laptop. Now 18 months old.  So much more freedom with a laptop. Giant screen.  Heavy computer.  I don't mind at all.  My eyes can see the screen so well; accidental perk

And..........now we have my first entry.  Only 990 to go.  Easy peasy, for Miss Pollyanna.


In Gratitude,

                   Chari

PS  Research shows that folks who use journaling to write what they are thankful for...instead of just a place to vent, find their lives are more happy, more satisfying.  Let's go there!

2 comments:

  1. Off to a great start! :)
    #1 - so priceless. I have a couple that still struggle to enjoy reading themselves (but thankfully, love to be read to) and it's baffling when others took off with little to no instruction.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for stopping by Mary!

    ALL of my kids have been delayed readers at some level or more. ALL love to be read to.......and I wish the two youngest would read more. Sigh.

    Baffling. Especially this youngest.......

    ReplyDelete

We love hearing from our readers. Please share your thoughts or just say hello!