Saturday, June 2, 2012

The Bedside Table Reading Challenge: June 2012

The Bedside Table Reading Challenge of 2012





Who is still with me? Who wants to join with us this month?


The letter for June 2012 is:




The book on my "bedside table" that I will read for this month is.........


84, Charing Cross Road

by
Helene Hanff

File:84 charing cross first.jpg



I think this is a recent addition to my Bedside Table shelf.  I picked it because it is short read....I expect to be busy this month and I have not finished the book from last month.  I placed it on my shelf because I loved the movie.  I want to see it again.  I just love Anythony Hopkins. 
 I love literature......this movie works for me.  :)


+++++++++



If you have not finished the previous month's book....keep plugging away and do the next letter when you are done....or skip a letter altogther.



Post this on your blog, if you have one........and/or leave a comment on this post, stating that you are joining in.....and what book you have chosen for this month. Please post a picture of your stack!

When you are finished reading....share a few thoughts about the book, if you wish. I will post a new letter each month.....probably in the last week of the month.......

Are you in??? Please join me! Join in anytime.......

Please share with other bibliophiles......


Reading Blessings,

Chari

If you like to read in list form.......instead of conversational........
To join:

  • Post the title and the picture above on your blog post.
  • Pick the book from your stack that starts with that month's letter.
  • Pick alphabetically if you have more than one with that letter.
  • Pick up-the-alphabet if you do not have any with the chosen letter.
  • List your book choice.
  • Post a link to your post in our comments.
  • Share your thoughts about the book after reading the book, if you desire.

2 comments:

  1. I don't actively blog, but I am joining you this month. My bedside table book is "New Wine of Dominican Spirituality: A Drink Called Happiness" I've been on page 28 for far too long.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks again, Chari, for leading this "challenge." This month I am reading Catholicism: Journey to the Heart of Faith by Fr. Robert Barron. We love his commentary and insightfulness.

    God bless,
    Michelle

    ReplyDelete

We love hearing from our readers. Please share your thoughts or just say hello!