Friday, December 28, 2012

Catechism Notebook: Creation Pages

I am working on my Creation pages right now and this is what I have so far.   I had a hard time with these pages!   Finding things I wanted to include, and arranging it, took a long time.  But I'm reasonably happy with the finished form. 

First Page

(Left) Catechism Questions
I got the idea for including catechism questions from Lori at Busy with Blessings.  

I formatted the catechism questions and they are here in printable form:  Catechism on Creation.

I pasted them into a  flip flap book which I made by cutting 8.5 x 11 cardstock in half lengthwise and then folding in half lengthwise.   Then I cut the right half into four sections up to the fold.. 





Here you can see the inside of the catechism flip flap book.


(Right) Ladder of Creation

Here is the inside of the Ladder of Creation.  For that,  I cut up this cloze worksheet on Creation

It was complicated, though, and I don't think I would do it again.  


Page 2

(top) Creation Wheel (PDF)
I printed it out on cardstock and colored with beeswax crayons.



Bottom Right:  Pocket Form

In it I put creation pictures for a matching game
(see below)




Page 3
The pictures came from this site.    I sized them down to fit on this page.


The plan is that the child can match the picture cards to the correct day.

I am having trouble finding where I got the cards.   I found them here but I don't know which site this link originates from.   

If you have a color printer and are not afraid to use it, here are some cute printables based on the same concept


Last of all, the graphic with the hands around the world (bottom left of page 2) and the text on page 3 come from this free lapbook template, Twelve Days of Christmas at Homeschool Share.    This is a nice lapbook download even if you don't want to do the 12 days, because it contains mini-books for different Christian concepts like Six Days of Creation, Four Gospels, Twelve Articles of the Creed, etc.

 Just as the Jesse Tree is like the seed of a whole course on Salvation History, the 12 Days of Christmas is like Christian doctrine in a nutshell.

The other side of page 3 is still blank.  I am not sure whether to put something about Adam and Eve, or to put something about the Seventh Day and how to set it aside for a day of rest.   Probably the former since the latter can come when I do the Ten Commandments.  

Update:  Other side of page 3, Adam and Eve

2 comments:

  1. Thank you, thank you, thank you!!!!! You have just revolutionised our Faith studies for the new year:):):)

    ReplyDelete

We love hearing from our readers. Please share your thoughts or just say hello!