Tuesday, August 19, 2014

Thankfulness Times Ten

 Today's Thankfulness theme is what is going on in my life this day.....

( when I originally wrote it a week ago..... :)  )




Thankfulness Times Ten




Here are the guidelines I have for this thankfulness theme……


Just find ten things I am thankful for, in the moment. I have no rules...I may go over ten, if I cannot help myself......I may repeat myself.....and, I will write in no particular order of importance. If you feel inspired to do the same....do link yourself here in the comment section.  All of these will go toward my own 1,000 Gifts.

As I go through my days, I keep thinking of my gratitude in themes......like, ten items of gratefulness for each member of my family, when I look out my window, while I am on my exercise walk.......etc., etc., etc. 


I am thankful for......


71. .......returning to my latest "new" happy place. That special spot on the river. And where I sit now to write this post. 


The view before me.....
 

The view to the left.....
 



And the view to the right.......


 

Sigh of gratefulness.

 

72.  .........the relationships between my own children and the children of my best friend. The other best friend. The youngest six of her seven have always had us in their lives. And the youngest of my six, the same. They have grown up together and are as close as siblings. We are so blessed. They just love each other's company.


I found seven of them sitting on the couch together the other morning when I first awakened.......such a sweet surprise. 
Only one of these is mine.....and I love how he is surrounded by her three youngest.


 

73. ..........a new educational plan for my youngest. One of my other best friends......is going to include my little guy in her home this year as she homeschools her daughter in the same grade. Hopefully this will work out well for all involved. He has known her two kids since their births.....practically as siblings. And he looks like the oldest one, too. They are mistaken for siblings often.

Here they are......homeschooling themselves this summer.......  :)

 

74. .........hamburgers. I just love good hamburgers. So simple. So yummy. We are having hamburgers for dinner tonight. Yum. My oldest boy will be making them. Yum.

 

75. .........a day with low amount of smoke. California is extremely dry. Like a tinder box. And like every summer, those dry lightning storms start fires. Only this year......it's too dry. Our little valley has been smoky for over a week due to being surrounded by fires in all directions.



 

76. ........for firefighters. They put their lives at risk to protect us. I am grateful for that. And I always keep them in my prayers. 


77. ..........naps. Maybe it is the full-time job, but in this last year I have napped so much better than ever before. I also need more naps. Probably because of the job. My friend Micki who passed away in January loved her naps. Every time I think about how much I love my naps, I think of her. I miss her.
 

78. ........kids who beg me to stop by the store on the way home from the river so they can buy ME some ice cream. 

79. .........friends who can walk my four miles with me when they come to visit. Willa does it. And the other BFF, Gloria, does. That is who I am walking with this week. And probably some of next week when I go to San Francisco for a visit. Nice quality time while keeping fit. Sooooo enjoy their conversation.  So much so......that when they are not with me, I call them so they can keep me company when I walk. :)

80. ........chapstick.  I need it. I don't have very dry lips. I just don't like my lips dry. I have a Burt's Bees in every bag. Every coat pocket. Each of my cars. I even take on my walks and carry in my pocket at work. 

And that's it for now......

San Francisco Summer blessings to you,

                                                         Chari


P.S.  Research shows that folks who use journaling to write what they are thankful for...instead of just a place to vent, find their lives are more happy, more satisfying.  Let's go there!

 

 

 

 

1 comment:

  1. The synergy of the two of them schooling together probably be really good:)

    ReplyDelete

We love hearing from our readers. Please share your thoughts or just say hello!